- Current Special Offers
- Guelph Dental Implants
- Custom Tray Whitening
- Dental Crowns
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Dental Extractions
- Dental Sealants
- Night Guards
- Nitrous Oxide
- Porcelain Veneers
- Removable Dentures
- White Fillings
- Dental Bridges
- Flouride Treatment
- Guelph Dental Cleaning – Hygienist
- Guelph Emergency Dental
- Invisalign Braces
- Complete Oral Examination
- Root Canal Guelph
Dental Services & Treatments
A porcelain veneer is a thin piece of porcelain that is cemented to the front surface of tooth enamel.
Porcelain Veneers in Guelph for Stains, Gaps and Chips
Porcelain veneers, commonly referred to as veneers, are dentistry’s answer to a variety of cosmetic dental problems. Dentists recommend using veneers to give teeth a different shape, fix chipped teeth, or those that are stained, discoloured, aged or misaligned. Porcelain veneers are designed to enhance the aesthetics of your smile, incorporating characteristics that dental crowns or other fillings may not be able to achieve.
Each veneer is custom made for the patient and will match the existing teeth colours.
4 Steps To A New Smile
- If Dr. Wat thinks you are a candidate for porcelain veneers, or if you are unhappy with your current smile, a treatment plan can be established. Dr. Wat will ask what changes you would like to see in your smile and what changes can be made
- If porcelain veneers are right for you, the Stonegate Dental team will begin the process by taking photos and impression of your teeth so that the laboratory can use the model pieces to make custom veneers. This helps the aesthetics, bite and function of your teeth overall. The laboratory may also provide a mock sample of the veneers if more than one tooth is being treated, so our team can see what your teeth could look like with veneers.
- During this appointment, Dr. Wat will also remove a thin layer of enamel from your existing tooth to allow room for the porcelain veneer. A temporary one fabricated and bonded to the tooth
- A final appointment will see your porcelain veneer cemented permanently onto your tooth. The bite for the veneer will have a final adjustment to ensure it looks natural in your smile.
Porcelain veneers are similar to porcelain dishes and must be taken care of to ensure longevity. Although they don’t stain easily, they do require your regular attention. With the right oral hygiene routine, your veneers will last a while, but will eventually need replacement. Like your natural teeth, porcelain is not exempt from chipping, so be sure to treat veneers as gently as you would your natural teeth. Dr. Wat may recommend a night guard to prevent porcelain from chipping if you tend to grind your teeth.
To discuss your dental care, please contact our Guelph Dentist Office. We look forward to improving your smile and oral hygiene.